This product is a zip file that contains files that consist of PowerPoint slides synchronized with the audio-recording of the speaker, PDF files of the slides, and audio only (mp3 format) as noted.
This session discusses several aspects related to the transition to flammable refrigerants in commercial refrigeration applications. Presenters will walk us through the latest developments in UL and IEC 60335-2-89 product safety standards, share experiences and potential mitigation strategies to deal with flammable refrigerants, as well as report on research activities related to refrigerant leak and ignition events.
- A2L and A3 Refrigerants Testing for Reach-in Coolers
Xudong Wang, Ph.D., Member, Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology Institute, Arlington, VA
- Update on Standards Development – IEC 60335-2-89 Commercial Refrigeration
Brian Rodgers, Underwriters Laboratories, Northbrook, IL
- Updates on UL 60335-2-89, the Standard for Commercial Refrigerating Appliances and UL 60335-2-40, the Standard for Electrical Heat Pumps, Air-Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers
Randall Haseman, UL LLC, Northbrook, IL
- Use of Flammable Refrigerants from an Equipment Manufacturer’s Perspective
Timothy Anderson, Associate Member, Hussmann, Bridgeton, MO
- Refrigerant Charge Reduction to Mitigate Risks Associated with Flammable Refrigerants
Stefan Elbel, Ph.D., Member, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana-Champaign, IL
Citation: ASHRAE 2021 Virtual Seminar
- File Size:
- 1 file , 120 MB
- Product Code(s):